Getting the Most from Your Glazes
Date: Sunday March 14
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
This is day 2 of Rob’s workshop which was postponed in March 2020 due to the Covid 19 lockdown.
Rob will be revising the work done in that workshop, discussing the test tiles and results.
If you did not attend day 1, this workshop will still provide valuable insights around glaze application techniques and firing.
“Getting the Most from Your Glazes”
- Review and recording glaze tests
- Selecting glazes for purpose
- Packing and Firing for great results
- Mixing glaze batches, adjusting and managed glaze thickness for consistent results
- Glazing demonstration resists, dipping, making and using brushing glazes, spraying
- Glaze troubleshooting
- Grinding and finishing
- Glaze Q&A
About Rob Linigen
Rob Linigen is a master potter and teacher passionate about experimenting with glaze and firing techniques. As former Senior Head Teacher Fine Arts, Nepean College WSI TAFE, he will help you to develop your skills in ceramics at the highest level.
Venue: Parramatta Clay & Arts Inc Studio; Shop 5/4 to 14 Hunter Street, Parramatta; short walk from train station.
(free street parking outside studio on Sundays)